Sunday, February 26, 2006

First Date! ACK!!

Well, Meagan had her first car date last night. The oft delayed Valentine's dance finally took place last night. Meagan went with her new boyfriend, Josh. Yes, we've only been here a few weeks. They aren't in LUV, they are in serious LIKE I think LOL. He seems like a very nice kid, and hasn't even minded my obsessing a bit. Like, talking to his mother to be sure she is comfortable with him driving at night, not that I think a parent would send their children out on the road if they weren't confident (did I mention he got his drivers license the day before). He's also tolerated much ribbing from Rob and taken it in stride, and the several phone calls from me the first time she went out with him and another couple for a couple hours when school was out one afternoon.

I'm not sure who was more nervous about this date, me or my mother. She actually stayed up until 12 (EST) to make sure Meagan got home OK LOL. She said long distance worrying is worse than when I started dating :)

So, here are a few shots. We think she looked very pretty. And in some pictures her hair looks a little big, but it just shadow from my flash.




This is her and Josh. Rob said he looks like a guy from the Geek Squad LOL Kept teasing him about needing his computer repaired.


This Rob acting as the "virus protection", promising to stick to her like glue and follow them everywhere LOL.


Meagan said she had a great time at the dance. I'm glad she's making some friends here. Now I just have to get used to this dating thing. She's already planning all kinds of outings. How did I get old enough to have a daughter old enough to date? And if I have one old enough to date, why do I have 2 not even in Kindergarten? UGH! God does work in mysterious ways LOL.

Beth

No comments: